Rural Economic Development Board Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
SBPC is hosting a workshop for board members and staff of rural economic and community development corporations and job development authorities. We will share strategies that can help rural communities identify and achieve their goals for growth, retention, and quality of life while maintaining their distinct character. Lunch will be served!
Tentative agenda and topics (more details to follow!):
- Organizational purpose: what is it? what should it be?
- Who are your partners and what do they do?
- Program development and maintenance for smart fiscal impact
- Who does the work? Who should do the work? (e.g. volunteers, part-time staff, full-time staff, partners, contractors, etc.)
- Business retention and expansion - how can your organization help?
- Business recruitment - is it right for your organization and community?
- become empowered to rethink organizational strategies and goals;
- receive information on best practices in rural development;
- determine what role their organization currently plays vs. what role it should play in the community to achieve its goals;
- learn about impactful program development for rural economic and community development organizations; and
- receive a better understanding of federal, state and local initiatives and programs.
John Zakian, City of Minot Chief Resilience Officer
John boasts more than 30 years of professional economic and community development experience, to include economic and housing development/financing, municipal services and disaster recovery consulting. John is a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD), member of the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) and IEDC judge for Awards for Excellence in Economic Development.
Stephanie Hoffart, Minot Area Development Corporation President and Chief Executive Officer
With her professional knowledge and experience in economic development, Stephanie earned the position as President of MADC in August 2014. In October of 2014 she completed the Economic Development Finance Professional Certification. Stephanie is currently working on the International Economic Development Council’s Certified Economic Developer Certification.
- General attendee$35$350$0
- SBPC member$20$200$0